Healthy Eating Plan
Healthy Eating Facts
Choose Healthy Meals
Healthy food choices have a positive impact on your body. They provide you with the necessary nutrients and help you keep healthy and energetic.
Here are some tips:
- Keep Hydrated. Drink water. Avoid sodas or sugary beverages. Low-fat or fat-free milk is a good option. Avoid drinks that have lots of sodium (check the Nutrition Facts on the label).
- Know how much you should eat. Portion size matters. You should try to maintain healthy body weight. Avoid large portions, or you will go overboard with your calorie requirements.
- Know Your Food Groups: you should include food in the right proportions from each food group: Grains, Vegetables, Fruits, Protein, Dairy, Oils, Solid Fats, and Added Sugars
- Plan healthy meals. These should include a variety of different nutrients from each food group. Add a wide range of vegetables (they are a great source of fiber). Fruits are important as they contain fiber and vitamins.
- Reduce salt consumption: spices and herbs can enhance flavor without adding sodium to your diet.
- Read the Nutrition Facts label. Learn what is inside the food you buy. Check fats, sodium, added sugars, and calories. Buy smart to eat a healthy diet.
Find Plenty of information on Healthy Eating
The following pages on our website cover all frequently asked questions about a healthy diet and link to additional resources and articles:
Healthy Eating Plan
Eating a healthy diet will make you feel your best and keep you in good health. Follow this simple eating plan and include the right mix of foods and nutrients so you can feel energetic and accomplish your weight-loss goals.
A Balanced Diet
A balanced diet is made up of the right proportions of each one of the different nutrients your body needs. Learn how much of each food group you should include in your diet.
Food & Recipes
Eat Better: Our recipes cover a wide range of tasty nutrient-packed foods. Full of Tips and tricks for cooking great healthy and balanced meals.
The pages listed below have plenty of information on diets, healthy foods, nutrition, and weight loss
About this Article
Healthy Eating, A. Whittall
©2018 Fit-and-Well.com, 15.Oct.2018. Updated. 20.Dec.2020. https://www.fit-and-well.com/diet-food/healthy-eating.html
Tags: healthy eating, balanced diet, food groups, balanced nutrients.
Subject: Fit-and-Well.com. Healthy eating: Adopt healthy eating habits. Combine a wide variety of foods of each food group to give you energy, health, and the correct nutrients. It will help you achieve your weight loss goals and improve your life quality.