Publishing and Editorial Ethics
We have a clear mission:
"Do our best efforts to provide accurate, fair, and thorough information on diverse health, fitness, and wellness related topics."
"Acting with responsibility and integrity, gathering, reporting, and interpreting information with honesty, empathy, and reliability."
Editorial Code of Ethics
At Patagonia Wellness and our website Fit-and-Well.com, we abide by the Society of Professional Journalists Code of Ethics, from which we take the principles listed below. These principles guide our actions:
- Verify the information and its accuracy before publishing it.
- Be careful not to misrepresent the facts. Do not oversimplify.
- Update the information as new facts arise.
- Identify the sources clearly so that the public can judge their reliability and motivations.
- Encourage an open exchange of ideas that includes different points of view.
- Advocacy and commentary should be clearly labeled as such.
- Do not distort facts or context. Never plagiarize. Attribute sources in a proper manner.
- Serve the public.
- Avoid conflicts of interest whether these are real or perceived, they may damage credibility.
- Don't accept favors, gifts, free products or services, special treatment, or entertainment that may raise concerns about our integrity, independence, or impartiality.
- Do not grant favored treatment to sponsors, advertisers, special interests or, donors.
- Clearly differentiate news from advertising. "Advertorials", advertisements and sponsored content should be prominently labeled.
- Be Accountable and Transparent.
- Acknowledge mistakes and correct them promptly and prominently. Explain corrections and clarifications carefully and clearly.
- Treat all subjects and stories with respect, empathy, and integrity.
Learn more about our Editorial Guidelines
Please read our Editorial Policy and Guidelines, for full details on how this code of Ethics is applied in our day to day activities.
The information and news that we provide in Fit-and-well.com is ample and covers a broad scope of health, fitness, and wellness topics, and is designed for educational purposes only.
We believe that you, our readers value our reliability and competence, and we respect your intelligence, time, and attention; and trust your judgment and your ability to process the information that we provide in a discerning manner.
But we must point out that the content in our website Fit-and-Well.com is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment.
Never disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read or seen on our website.
We emphatically encourage and strongly advise you to seek your own medical advice from your doctor or health professional. They will be able to address any questions you may have regarding a medical condition.
We welcome and value reader feedback and criticism. If you have any questions or comments, please get in touch with us at Patagonia Wellness, through our e-mail address: email@example.com.
Phone: +54 911 31752840
Florida, B1602 Provincia de Buenos Aires
Please read all of our policies:
- Terms & Conditions
- Affiliate Disclosure
- Advertisement Policy
- Don't Sell my Personal Information
- Publishing Ethics
- Editorial Guidelines
- Medical Disclaimer
Issued on August 26, 2020. Revision 00.
About this Article
Editorial Ethics, A. Whittall
©2020 Fit-and-Well.com, 26 Aug. 2020. https://www.fit-and-well.com/ethics.html
Tags: Ethics, Editorial Ethics, Ethical Code, Code of Ethics.
Subject: Fit-and-Well.com. News, tips, advice, and articles covering healthy lifestyle topics such as health, fitness, wellness, and food & diets.
Live better, get inspired, learn more about healthy habits, and how to improve your quality of life.